Energy Performance Certificate in Croydon EPC
As a point of law, Energy Performance Certificates are now required for properties that are rented, sold or newly built properties. Before you market your property for sale or rent you must have the EPC displayed within the property. Where you display the EPC is up to you as long as it is displayed, good places for displaying your certificate could be next to your boiler or next to your gas or electric meter.
The information on an Energy Performance Certificate:
- Expected energy costs for the property
- Suggestions/recommendations on reducing fuel and energy consumption and save money
An EPC is valid for 10 years and gives the property an efficiency rating from A to G (A being the most efficient and G being the least efficient.
In order to obtain an EPC you will have to use an accredited assessor who will then assess the property and issue you with a certificate.
If you don’t have an EPC you could be fined. If you are selling a property you must get an EPC. If you are a letting agency or a landlord you are required to show the EPC to tenants before they take up occupancy.
There are certain buildings that do not require the EPC:
- Derelict buildings due for demolition
- New builds under 3 years
- Places of worship
- Temporary structures used for less than 2 year
- Some listed building (check with your conservation officer)
- Buildings with a floor space of less than 50 Square Metres
- Residential buildings that will be used for no more than 4 months a year
- Non-residential agricultural buildings
- Industrial sites
The list above is not an exhaustive one. Please check to see if the building you own or rent requires an EPC.
Trusted-Handyman will check and inspect all relevant areas , once this has been done an EPC will be issued within 48 hours. All inspection and works are carried out by qualified EPC Assessor, each job is important to us, no job is too big or too small and we will give the same high level of service to each of our customers.
Call Trusted-Handyman on: Tel: 0203 371 8124 Mob: 07710 080 545